The Best Supplements for Mood Improvement9:03 AM
While people can’t control everything that happens to them in life, they can take supplements to help their body better respond to negative events. Stress can take its toll on the body by increasing sickness, raising anxiety and preventing a good night’s sleep. Several supplements can help the body react more calmly to stress and allow for better sleep.
• Serotonin: Naturally occurring serotonin in the body helps one to feel calm. The mood supplement, serotonin, is produced by a West African plant-- Griffonia simplicifolia. This plant contains a substance that mimics the body’s natural serotonin and helps the body achieve a calm state.
• L – Tryptophan: L-Tryptophan helps the body to be relaxed and therefore assists the body in falling asleep better. It also helps one to have a more positive outlook on life.
• Folic acid: Folic acid is highly beneficial to women at all stages of their lives; however, it is beneficial to men as well. It helps to improve the mood and can assist with depression. It is normally found in multivitamins.
• Restful Night Essentials: Restful Night Essentials, by Dr. Whitaker, contains a mixture of supplements that produce a better nights rest. Restful Night Essentials contains lemon balm extract, valerian, hops extract, l-theanine and melatonin. The specially-combined formula assists in a full night’s sleep, but also increased energy while one is awake.
Valerian: Valerian is another positive mood supplement that enables the body to relax and sleep better.
L-Theanine: L-Theanine assists the body in numerous ways. It decreases anxiety, allows for clearer thinking, supports a more positive mood and helps the body achieve a better state of relaxation.
• COQ10: COQ10 helps to increase the body’s energy. When used in combination with exercise, the body exhibits lowered stress levels, a healthier heart and healthier body.
• Tyrosine: Tyrosine assists in norepinephrine and epinephrine production. It also helps the thyroid to function properly. Stress can inhibit the body’s natural production of tyrosine. By taking this supplement, the body can experience decreased amounts of depression.
• Fish oil: Fish oil can be used to improve mood as well. Although beneficial for the skin, the brain and many other parts of the body, it helps to reduce stress.
• St. John’s Wort: St. John’s Wort is useful in decreasing anxiety and depression while helping people to sleep better.
It is nearly impossible to avoid stress, but by using a mood improvement supplement, the body can better respond to the stressful situations brought on by daily life.
About the author: