When it comes to mobile gadgets, many of us bank on Apple technology in going about our daily lives.We all love our iPhones, iPods and iPads as these help us stay connected while on the move.
But oftentimes, we don’t realize that we perform certain actions that affect how we use our iOS devices. These actions eventually damage our gadgets, which can be frustrating. The key is to take into consideration which actions are satisfactory and which ones are unacceptable to get the optimal value of your Apple devices.
Power Mac Center offers helpful information on how to care for your favorite iOS gadgets. Follow these simple tips that will significantly impact the performance and lifespan of your mobile gizmos.
• Use Apple recommended cases. For other non-Apple accessories such as cases, speakers, headphone connectors, and chargers, check if it has a “Made for iPad” or “Made for iPod/iPhone” mark.
• Do not use your iOS device in areas where it is not allowed. It can distract and may cause accidents.
• Clean the iOS device immediately if it comes in contact with anything that may cause stains such as dirt, ink, make-up or lotion. To clean, disconnect all cables and turn device off before wiping it with a soft, lint-free cloth.
• Update your iPad, iPhone or iPod to the latest iOS version. Take time to back up your data first before updating your iOS software.
• Take time to read the warranty manual and Apple warranty provisions.
Things to Avoid:
• Dropping or spilling anything on your iOS device
• Using your iOS device in the rain, or near wash bins or other wet areas
• Using damaged iOS devices (i.e. cracked screen, exposed parts) and using damaged cables or charges (It can cause electric shock)
• Applying too much pressure to any of your iOS device’s buttons and attempting to repair your iOS device or making adjustments in your iOS software as these can cause unwanted damage and void its warranty
• Using rough materials for cleaning your iOS device as it can scratch the surface, glass or its protective coating
Learn other valuable tips about iOS devices from the country’s most reliable Apple partner when it rolls out a series of training courses catering to students and young professionals in Cebu and Davao next month.